The smelting operations of Anglo American''s platinum ...
§ Installation of copper plate coolers on sidewalls Given the increase in the smelting intensity planned for the furnace at higher power, and to standardise the Mortimer furnace design with the Waterval furnaces, water-cooled copper plate coolers are to be installed in the sidewalls in the slag zone.
OUTOTEC SMELTING SOLUTIONS FOR THE PGM INDUSTRY
A general flow sheet incorporating an Ausmelt furnace to smelt and convert nickel sulphide concentrate is shown in Figure 3. Figure 3-Outotec Ausmelt Process for nickel/PGM smelting During smelting, nickel sulphide concentrates are fed into the Ausmelt Smelting furnace along with
Copper Cliff Smelter Superstack, Greater Sudbury
Yard. Roasting the nickel-copper ore was the first step in the smelting process. Imagine an area the size of several football fields, covered with a layer of logs 2 m high. On top of the logs were piles of broken ore. The whole yard would be set on fire and the ore would "roast" for 3 to 4 months!
Smelting Nickel Concentrates in INCO''s Oxygen Flash Furnace
· International Nickel Company of Canada, "Metallurgical Improvements in the Treatment of Copper-Nickel Ores," CIM Transactions, 51, (1948) pp 187–98. Google Scholar 4 "Smelting: I. Copper Cliff Smelter," Canadian Mining Journal, May 1946, pp. 431–45. 5
Process for recovering nickel and nickel-copper from molten smelter-type slags or other highly oxidized sources of nickel and nickel-copper containing 7 to 30 percent by weight of magnetite (Fe 3 O 4 ). The magnetite in the slag is reduced with carbonaceous materials or other solid reductants such as sulfides, metals or carbides. While the slag is mixed with a fluid cooled, metal-bladed ...
Lecture 20 Smelting Contents
In flash smelting finely ground ore, together with flux is introduced through a suitable burner. The matte e gases are through the off take. In flash smelting preheated 1) a) In a copper ore chalcopyrite is 34%,Pyrite 30%and SiO 6 36%. Determine the% of copper,
Modernization of the Nadezhda Flash Smelting Furnace ...
· Outotec delivered design, proprietary equipment, installation and commissioning supervision for the Nadezhda Nickel Flash Smelting furnace No: 1 in Norilsk. The equipment delivery consisted of concentrate Loss-in-Weight feeders, silica feeders, high intensity concentrate burner, cooling elements, Process advisor, Proscon automation and Sentinel Furnace monitoring system.
nickel copper ore smelter plant electiic slag cleaning ...
nickel copper ore smelter plant electiic slag cleaning furnaces. Electric Smelting in Southern Africa - Mintek ''melting the metal out of its ore'' •Smelting is very old. Copper has been produced this way since 6000 –5000 BC. •Electric smelting is much newer: just over 100 years old .
Redesign and rebuild of the Pan Pacific Copper flash ...
After 40 years of operation with the original design, Pan Pacific Copper determined it was necessary to rebuild the Saganoseki Flash Smelting Furnace to continue safe operation. The original design employed a rigid steel frame, which, through hearth growth, led to severe distortion of the frame.
· Seventy-five percent sulfur dioxide is regularly produced by flash smelting copper concentrate, using pure oxygen, at the Sudbury, Ontario, smelter of the International Nickel Company. In this plant (the only flash smelting process in the Western Hemisphere) copper concentrate is smelted to about 45-percent matte.
An overview of Southern African PGM smelting
Nickel of Russia. Smaller (but still significant) quantities of PGMs are produced by Falconbridge and Inco of Canada, also as co-products from nickel sulphide smelting. There are many similarities between PGM smelting and nickel sulphide smelting, and the range of technologies in use includes six-in-line rectangular electric furnaces, three-
Environmental Guidelines for Copper Smelting
So called flash smelting techniques have therefore been developed which utilize the energy released during oxidation of the sulfur in the ore. The flash techniques reduce the energy demand to about 20 million Btu/ton of produced cathode copper. The sulfur dioxide concentration in the off gases from flash furnaces is also higher, over 30%, and less
Global meeting of Outotec''s copper and nickel Flash ...
· In China there are four smelters using Outotec Flash Smelting Process: – Xiangguang Copper''s copper smelting and converting plant in Yanggu, commissioned in 2007 – Jiangxi Copper''s copper smelter in Guixi, first built in 1982, the second line commissioned in 2007 – Jinlong Copper''s copper smelter in Tongling commissioned in 1997 and ...
Smelters — Reaction Engineering International
Smelters. REI provides research and consulting services for the smelting industry. This includes applications in copper and lead flash smelters, settling furnaces, saturation towers, and other flue gas conditioning equipment. Projects focus on enhancing product yield, improving furnace efficiency, controlling emissions and solving operational ...
Copper Smelting and Refining Process | Pan Pacific Copper
In the furnace, the concentrates are instantly oxidized, after which they melt and separate by their own reaction heat into copper matte with a grade of 65% and slag consisting of iron oxide, silica, and other compounds. Reaction in the flash smelting furnace. CuFeS 2 + SiO 2 + O 2 → Cu 2 S・FeS + 2FeO・SiO 2 + SO 2 + Reaction heat.
about 2–4%. So-called flash smelting techniques have therefore been developed that utilize the energy released during oxidation of the sulfur in the ore. The flash techniques reduce the energy demand to about 20 million Btu/ton of produced cathode copper. The SO 2 concentration in the off gases from flash furnaces is also higher, over 30%,
Copper Bottom Blowing Furnace Smelting & Converting-Copper-
For copper metallurgy, bottom bowing furnace can treat copper oxide, copper sulfide ore, copper/nickel concentrates, copper scrap, brass and electronic waste material. The bottom blowing furnace has the advantages of less energy consumption, high utilization rate of oxygen and producing less off-gas amount with high SO 2 concentration.
Direct-to-blister flash smelter for copper project – M i N ...
· Direct-to-blister flash smelter for copper project. The Kamoa-Kakula Copper Project Expansion includes the construction of a smelter complex, based on Finland-based Outotec''s direct-to-blister furnace technology which is suitable for treating Kakula-type concentrates with relatively high copper/sulphur ratio, and low iron.
A process for autogenously smelting copper sulfide ore concentrate directly to semi-blister copper in which a calcareous flux is charged directly to an autogenouse furnace along with concentrate and copper-containing coolant. Furnace products are semi-blister copper, calcareous slag and off …
Nickel Flash Smelting :: Total Materia Article
Copper Cliff Smelter Complex
Filter Plant Flash Furnaces Slag Storage Pile Converter Aisle BULK CONCENTRATE Casting and Crushing Bessemer Matte Slag Flash Furnace Matte Nickel Oxide Propane Use Propane is used at the Copper Cli˚ Smelter Complex as a source of heating fuel for both the General O˛ce and Central Lab. To prevent the release of propane into the environment,
Environmental Guidelines for Nickel Smelting and Refining
flash smelting. Flash smelting is the most common process but electric smelting is used for more complex raw materials when increased flexibility is needed. Both processes use dried concentrates. Electric smelting requires a roasting step ahead of the smelter to reduce sulfur content and volatiles. Older nickel smelting processes, such as blast or
Copper and Nickel Refractory Products | Resco Products
Flash & Continuous Smelting Furnace: Typically requiring higher quality refractories like Direct-bonded, pre-reacted 50-60% MgO basic brick. Krilex 50 CU and Krilex 621-2 are recommended Copper Converters : Environment contains intermediate to high-temperature thermal cycling and a very corrosive slag of iron oxide.
Improved Copper Flash Smelting at Olympic Dam
Abstract. In March 2012 a combined BHP Billiton and Hatch team embarked on a program to improve the concentrate burner efficiency of BHP Billiton''s Olympic Dam copper flash smelting furnace. A multi-faceted approach including an analysis of the furnace using operational knowledge and first principles engineering led to the design and supply ...
magnetic separator: nickel copper ore smelter plant main ...
nickel copper ore smelter plant flash fumace. nickel copper ore smelter plant flash fumace.XSM provides nickel copper ore smelter plant flash fumace, Our products are stone crusher (Jaw Crusher,impact crusher...), grinding mill (Raymond Mill,Ball Mill...), sand making machine (Vertical Shaft Impact Crusher) and mobile crushing station (Ti ...
Nickel Smelting and Refining
and volatiles. Older nickel-smelting processes, such as blast or reverberatory furnaces, are no longer acceptable because of low energy efficien-cies and environmental concerns. In flash smelting, dry sulfide ore containing less than 1% moisture is fed to the furnace along with preheated air, oxygen-enriched air (30–40% oxygen), or pure ...
(NMBF). The nickel sulfide smelting
1 Table I. Annual Primary Ni Output (Low-FeMatte) of World Nickel Sulfide Smelters Annual Ni Production Technology Country Plant from NMBF* Flash Smelting Canada Copper Cliff 133,400 Brazil Fortaleza 7,000 Finland Harjavalta 38,000 Russia Norilsk Nadezda 140,000 China Jinchuan~ 65,000 Australia Kalgoorlie 100,000 Bostwana BCl 27,400 Subtotal 510,800 Electric Furnace Smelting …
Global meeting of Outotec''s copper and nickel Flash ...
· The world''s copper and nickel smelting experts meet this week in Shanghai, China at the 12th International Flash Smelting Congress organized by Outotec for the licensees of its Flash Smelting technology. The Flash Smelting Congress is a users'' meeting where the participants can learn about new smelter projects, capacity expansion and ...
NPMK Copper Factory
The process flowsheet of the plant is closely connected to the process flowsheet of the combine; ready production of the mines and concentrating mills and semifinished products of Nickel melter and Nadezhda, are raw components for Copper smelter and vice versa.Setting into operation the new capacities in 2001 is connected to the planned start ...
Flash converting closely resembles flash smelting. Flash smelting is a closed process and, consequently, off-gas emissions can be efficiently controlled. Flash converting had its first application in the expansion and modernization of Kennecott''s copper smelter near Salt Lake City, Utah, which was implemented during 1992-95.
nickel copper ore smelter plant flash fumace
201341. nickel copper ore smelter plant flash fumace nickel copper ore smelter plant flash fumace Slag reprocessing: Magma Copper Company''s San Manuel Facility sulfuric acid plant .
Nickel Flash Smelting :: Total Materia Article
Using nickel flash smelting technology it is possible to process sulfide nickel concentrate and produce nickel matte and slag in a relatively efficient process. Any materials resulting as smelting and converting slags are recirculated in the electric furnace and recovered where possible as nickel matte. Nickel (Ni) is a silvery-white, hard metal.
· Inco flash smelting mixes dried concentrate and flux with oxygen and blows it horizontally into a hot furnace. Otherwise, the processes are similar. Outotec flash smelting (seven Ni smelting furnaces worldwide) accounts for about 70% of Ni flash smelting . Inco flash smelting (two furnaces, one smelter worldwide) accounts for ~ 30% .
Many smelting companies were seeking new processes to replace sinter plants and blast furnaces. Possibilities included the QSL lead smelting process, the Kivcet process, the Kaldo top-blown rotary converter, and adapting Outokumpu''s successful copper and nickel flash furnace to lead smelting.
- titanium ring stone
- russian companies with long range lo ors
- kenya dealer crusher stone
- small jaw crusher for sale au stone quarry plant india
- malaysia quarries plants
- sand sieving machine drawing
- rotary trommel screen
- mini impac200 tph igh efficient mobile jaw crusher
- stone crusher for the handyman
- saya meminta izin anda untuk menghadiri seminar
- retaining wall install
- secondary crusher generally
- listing crusher
- sucta planta móvil
- sichuanchina construction machinery
- spodumene beneficiation equipment manufacturer
- limestone process granite
- silver mercury south africa
- stone crusher and quarry plant in kochi kerala india
- piezas de la chancadora de la usar resistencia
- tambang marmer di malaysia
- stages of coal crushing machine
- vibration and sieve shake machine
- minas de cobre no paquisto e maquina para exportar
- jig grinders sale
- small stone crushers with pre screen feed
- new mexico quarry
- machinery for quarry plant for sale
- para moler metales
- jaw crusher in mich
- spare parts supplier crusher plant
- pulverizer quarries middle east
- quarrying equipment granite
- stone wash including
- macam macam screen stone cruher
- merry gold plant
- tanzania copper ore crusher
- lead ore refineries in europe
- iron ore mining equipment manufacturing india